Saturday, October 18, 2008

Flying Chillies Part 1

Yesterday fetched my friend to The Garden, due to time constraint, decided to have dinner at there. We initially wanted to have dinner at "Feng Lai Xian Jing", however, there was a long queue outside the shop lot, be part of the queue would definitely spoil my dinner mood. In the end, we went to this shop, which is "Flying Chillies". As its name speaks it clearly, they serve spicy food, its a Thai Restaurant.

We ordered
  • Spicy Tomyam Prawn / Seafood (single bowl) -> RM 12.50
  • Phad Thai Noodle with Prawns -> RM 16.50
  • Pineapple Fried Rice with Prawns -> Rm 16.50
  • Red Ruby Water Chestnuts in Coconut Milk -> RM 8.00
  • and Drinks
My apologies for not taking any photos as I thought there was nothing much interesting to introduce. Out of my expectation, Tomyam and Pad Thai taste very well! Tomyam Soup is flaming! Those chilly lovers must try it! I bet they will crave for it forever after trying it for once (although it tastes a bit salty for me). I would recommend Flying Chillies Special Fire Pot for 2 - Tomyam River Prawn although I have yet to try it, hehehe~

Phad Thai Noodle is worth to try too, I thought it tastes like Char Kuey Teow, but it's totally different taste from what I had expected. It's sweet and a bit spicy, and the noodles like pong mee.

Back to Pineapple Fried Rice with Prawns, I regret to order it. Although they use the pineapple as the container of the fried rice, but there's not much pineapple in the fried rice. I doubt they fried the rice with the pineapple as instead of pineapple smell, the dish is full of turmeric smell.

For Red Ruby Water Chestnuts in Coconut Milk, the taste is nothing much interesting as the lacking of the sweetness as it suppose to be.

No comments: